Thursday, August 13, 2009

Practice...

There are moments that I think I will go crazy if I try to read one more thing about pregnancy and babies. Really, people have been doing this since the beginning of time... and mostly without the help of Dr. Sears or The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding... I'm telling myself that it's all going to be okay. We'll figure this out. We don't have to be perfect.

I'm feeling less overwhelmed about all the baby "essentials". The list really has gotten ridiculously long. Pac 'n plays, bouncy seats, carriers, swaddling blankets, snap 'n go's, exersaucers, strollers & car seats to be used once they grow out of the infant ones, jogging strollers, play gyms, high chairs, cribs... I admit, most of this we do have. Oh, and one more thing. A Moby wrap. This I'm pretty excited about.

It's one very long piece of fabric that comes with instructions on how to wrap a baby to carry them around. It' s a little intimidating, so I practiced on my dog. You know, better to drop him than the baby. (just kidding... I was very careful not to drop him) Anyway, he loved it. We're definitely going to have some jealousy issues once the baby comes. Here's a picture of me with Charlie in the Moby wrap. A little hard to get on with my belly and all, but still effective.




Photobucket

No comments: